Valentine's Day with a Twist2:09 PM
Hello Friends!! We are about two and a bit weeks from Valentine's Day! I have been seeing VDay posts all over the place, so I decide...
We are about two and a bit weeks from Valentine's Day!
I have been seeing VDay posts all over the place, so I decided to join the bandwagon.
BUT..I am doing Valentine's Day with a twist.
Ok, let me explain...usually when we think of Valentine's Day we think of all the things we want our significant other to get for us, you know the romantic gestures such as flowers, a nice dinner, etc.
We often forget about the expectation of our counterpart...the man.
If you are anything like me, you find boys extremely hard to shop for, so I enlisted my reluctant bf for some help.
After a few moans and groans here is what he thinks most girls should gift their special guy.
1. Cufflinks are a staple in any man's wardrobe, according to my boy anyways, he thinks engraved cufflinks would add a special touch to an already special day and as a bonus he will have a keepsake for many years to come.
You can find these here. They are really nice and the red Swarovski crystals really add a VDay touch.
2. Why not buy yourself some lingerie and surprise your man in the bedroom on VDay, the bf guarantees your main squeeze will be very excited.
This cute outfit can be found here.
3. If you need some liquid courage for your sexy routine you will gift your boy later, why not buy him some Port and personalize it by buying vintage Port from his birth year. So thoughtful.
This particular bottle can be purchased here.
4. The bf also mentioned that an adventure package would be great fun as well.
For those living in Toronto, get him tickets to the CN Tower Edge Walk. He will go nuts for it...just make sure he is not scared of hights first.
5. If your man is more of a book worm, a classic is a great idea as a gift. Check out Modern Library’s list of the 100 Best Novels of the 20th Century, for more inspiration.
Valentine's Day is in fact about appreciating the ones you love and sometimes that is more important than any silly present.